Body modification~ my personal views and opinions ✨

🌺 Hello everyone! Today I will be talking about different types of body mods and my opinions on
these. These can be from acrylic nails and eyelash extensions to facial surgery and body surgery such as bum lifts and liposuction.

So first of all, I just want to say that these are my personal opinions, and I’m not trying to offend anyone or put anyone off, I don't disagree with body modification, I believe it’s completely the individuals choice as to what they do to their body and how it looks :).

I have a couple of things myself, which I would consider as quite minor. First of all, anyone that knows me knows that I love my acrylic nails, and always have a fresh set💅🏽. They just make me feel girly and I really like the length. I love bright colored nails as well because they stand out, especially in the summer. They just add extra color to my everyday looks and I like that. ✨

Secondly, I have had eyelash extensions before. Personally, I don’t like them, as they pulled my natural lashes out and I was sad and scared thinking my lashes wouldn’t grow again! They have however grown back, thank you Lord! I think I prefer the feeling and look of my natural lashes over extensions, however, I do want to try them again and give them another chance, so that may be happening soon!



Thirdly, I have a couple of piercings. I love them and want to get more! My favorite piercing is probably my nose. It’s such a cute little piercing and never gets in the way! I thought it would as when it was pierced I had a ball stud that would always get caught and come out and hurt, but when it healed I changed the piercing to a flat gemstone, and haven’t had any problems since! It’s the best!


I also have my belly piercing which is recent. I am falling more in love with it every day, however, this one can be irritating and get in the way a lot! Especially with waistbands, I can’t wear jeans anymore 😪 but I feel like it’s worth it because it looks so cute!


Then I just have the basic ear piercings, however, I am looking to expand and get some more ear piercings. The only problem is I hate sleeping on my back! And with new ear piercings, that’s what I’ll have to do! So I’ve been putting this one off for a while!


Now, as for body modification, I have none and never want any. I am a strong believer of loving yourself for who you are and in your natural state, therefore would never want to change myself. I’ve never felt the need for surgery, and I think everyone is beautiful the way they are. Sometimes I hear my friends talk to me about flaws they want to get surgery on, and it breaks my heart because these flaws are the smallest things that I personally don’t even see on them! I can’t express how unnecessary that procedure would be to them, but sadly they see the flaw and want to make it better! A lot of people are having more and more procedures every day, ranging from lip injections to Brazilian bum lifts and liposuction. these can be painful and dangerous procedures, and personally, I don't think that anyone should have to go through that pain for beauty! However, it’s a very common thing nowadays. I feel like these could be influenced by celebrities, or by personal decisions. Now I say if it will make you feel more comfortable and confident in the skin you’re in then go for it! Just know either way you will still be beautiful! :)


Chloe xox

Comments

Popular Posts